We at the Daily Fikar are happy to publish sublime comedy and satire written by you, your khalu, your tayi and your jaanu. We accept humorous and satirical written works about the various idiosyncrasies of Pakistani society. We do not, however, cover material on current politically charged events or encourage partisan humour. We intend for the Daily Fikar to be more of a commentary on the Pakistani condition rather than a source of easy siasi jokes which can be found elsewhere.
Specific submission instructions are listed below:
- To submit your masterpieces, please send them to email@example.com.
- Your submission must be your own and not been published elsewhere.
- Please paste your entire submission in the body of the email. No attachments will be opened.
- Write the intended title of your piece in the subject of the email.
- Your (real) name and email address should be written at the top of the email. It’s optional, but you may add a short bio here.
- If you would like your piece to be published under a pseudonym, please let us know in the email, though we will still need your real name for our records.
- The best submissions are short submissions. An absolute maximum of 1,200 words is acceptable, though we love anything below 700 words.
Expect to hear back from us in a week. If we’ll be publishing your submission, we’ll let you know within seven days. If not, you’ll get a short email saying no. Please don’t send follow up emails or post on our social media screaming “H3ll0?????” Send a follow up email if it has been over a week and you haven’t heard back from us. Please don’t be disheartened if your submission is not accepted; after all, all writers need a strong stomach for rejection. You’re welcome to try again. Sometimes when our editors are feeling generous, we might give you some feedback but that is not the norm.
We don’t pay our writers at this time, though we do furiously hope that the Daily Fikar will be able to do that in the near future.
Still got a question? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.